Background

Monday, December 26, 2011

Bath Wars!!

Brad and I enjoy playing jokes on each other.  Sometimes it is jumping out from the dark to scare the daylights out of the other, other times it's a food fight.  We love to have a good time and laugh, and it's the best when it's with each other, and at each other.


One of our ritual places to play jokes is the bath tub/shower.  I dub these times "bath wars."  It started out innocently enough, one pouring a cup of cold water over the shower curtain onto the other.  The shriek that follows is priceless.  


A couple of months ago, my friend E told me about a prank she played on her husband called "antiquing".  When a person is wet from the bath/shower, you dump flour on them.  Since they're wet, it sticks beautifully.


So Brad was in the shower and I antiqued him.  It was great.  He wasn't quite sure what to do, except laugh.  And wash off the flour.


This past week, he got me back, and he got me back good.  More than once.


The first time made me laugh out loud.  I was in the shower and called for him to get me a wash cloth.  He was taking a while and I kept calling and calling, then finally he came in and threw it at me.  The rat had wet the wash cloth, dropped it in the ice bucket and coated it with ice.  My wash cloth looked like a ball of ice.  Thanks, babe.  I have to say it was pretty darn clever.

Almost immediately after that, he came back in the bathroom with a cup of cold water from the kitchen and a cup of flour.  First came the cold water, then the flour.  I was antiqued.  


The third time, he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth and filled up a cup with cold water and dumped it over the side of the shower curtain.  It was freezing!! 


Well, I had enough.  I turned the water in the shower to cold, waited until it was nice and chilly, detached the sprayer (one of those hose shower things) and sprayed over the top of the shower curtain into the bathroom.  Against my best judgment, obviously, since I was soaking my bathroom.  He shrieked, I laughed, he laughed.  It was great.  Lucky for me, I almost entirely hit him and there was very little clean-up.


The bottom line is: yes, there are times in a marriage when you have to be a grown up, most of the time in fact, but there are other times when you need to have fun!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...