Background

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Some ramblings on my Tuesday...

One of the classes I took this semester, Community Psych, was an accelerated class - meaning it's over already.  Yes! And I got an A. Yes! I really like it when I get an A in a class towards my major.  My Spanish III class is still on for another few weeks and I'm so glad I can focus on it 100% now.  Taking a foreign language is challenging enough, but taking it and a very involved psych class is a beast.  Every semester I say this, but I really hope this time it's true... I really want to practice my Spanish on my break!!

I had a wonderful visit with my best friend, Kelly, this past weekend, she arrived Thursday and I dropped her off at the airport yesterday morning.  We did a lot of shopping, something I never, ever do.  I got to Skype with her and her boys, who are ADORABLE! I can't wait to meet them in person.  We ate some good food and watched some movies: The Change-Up, Crazy Stupid Love, Zombieland, and Hot Tub Time Machine.  We ate at Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Wild Wing, and Belle's House of Pizza.  It was nice to not have any responsibilities (work, school) for a few days.  And in hindsight, we didn't take a single picture, what the heck! I can't wait to see her again next month.


I need to go to the grocery store.

Brad bought a new grill last week and we got a Keurig.  I decided to start drinking coffee about a week ago and found that the Keurig was essential.  And since our last grill died, dinner hasn't been the same.  Here in South Carolina we can grill pretty much 12 months out of the year, so not having a grill puts a real damper on dinner.  We used to grill at least 1-2 times per week.  I'm excited that we're having steak tonight!


The Gamecocks won their game on Saturday against Florida.  Woohoo! I missed the game because we were out shopping but I'm still thrilled.  Brad is planning to use the smoker portion of his new grill to do ribs for the game this coming weekend against The Citadel.  Then the last game of the regular season, against Clemson, will be at his cousin Donnie's house the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  


I think that's about it for now, stay tuned for an exciting post in the next couple of days!

3 comments:

  1. I remember taking Spanish III in High school and I liked it but, I thought it was a little hard. Good luck with your new grill. R.I.P Your old one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the A - Doesn't it make you feel good when you see those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph - My husband LOVES the new grill and I loved the steak!
    My Kid's Mom - Thank you! It does feel good!! Now if only I can get one in my Spanish class... I think I'd be thrilled with a B though because I don't think I'm doing well at all!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...