Background

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

List Challenge Complete! #s 37-50

37. The times you have asserted yourself

At the car dealership last week.
In middle school when the main office tried to cheat me on my fundraiser sales and I almost didn't get my cool reward, which of course I can't remember, but obviously it must have been pretty awesome.
At work and at school here and there. 
It's kind of hard to recall every time.

38. Things that inspire and energize you

I have to admit, anything with a reward at the end of it inspires and energizes me.  And those rewards don't necessarily have to be personal rewards.  I am very energized and inspired at work because the prizes at the end are for people who need them so badly.  

39. The places where you feel comfortable to be yourself

My home.  My parent's home.  My in-law's home.  And, believe it or not, work.

40. The most important turning points in your life

My friend Jimmy passing away when I was a teenager was probably the first turning point.  Things kind of went south.  Then moving to South Carolina was by far the greatest turning point in my life.  Things got much better!!!


41. Times when you looked and felt your absolute best.


First and foremost, my wedding day! I sure looked and felt great, in my own humble opinion! ;)  I would have to say anytime I put on a great big dress and get all made up, I feel pretty darn good.  So my sisters' weddings, my friends' weddings, family weddings, etc.


42. The things you're good at


Trivia! My mind is full of useless knowledge.
Organizing.
Gift wrapping.
Cooking.
Baking.
Remembering numbers.
Taking pictures.  I'm no pro but I have captured some good moments.
Listening.
Eating. :) With turkey day in the near future, I've got food on the brain!


43. What you would do with the power of invisibility


I feel like I'd use that power for good, like stopping crimes and stuff like that.  I'm a little timid and shy, so I don't see myself in a law enforcement career or anything like that, but I think if no one could see me, I'd be great!


44. Things you want to teach your children


Moral values.
How to cook, clean, do laundry.
How to change a tire and pump gas.
And this all goes for whether they are male or female.  I am pretty well versed in a variety of tasks that are male-typical and female-typical.  I don't ever want to not be able to do something because I'm "just a girl".  I want my kids to have just as much of a variety in their abilities.


45. Things you still want to do in life.


Travel to Italy, Hawaii, Alaska...
Have children.
Be a grandparent.
Get an advanced degree.
For the rest, check out my 101!


46. Bits of trivia that most people don't know about you


I love to learn.
I am addicted to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :)
I love to shop online.
I'm addicted to kitchen and office gadgets.
I'm terrified of storms, real bad ones with lots of wind and hail... not fond of the hail.  Tornado watches and warnings give me the heebie jeebies.


47. The things you love about your body


My eyes.  That's about it.  I just think they are my best feature.  Not that I hate other parts of me, I just like my eyes best.


48. Accomplishments you are most proud of


My first college degree (working on my BA).
Finding my soul mate.
My various promotions at work.
My house.
My cars.


49. The things you love about your home


My couch! Love this thing!!
My kitchen.  I'd love more storage space but it's just perfect to prepare food in.
The colors of the rooms.
It is conveniently located.
It's quaint.
The high ceiling in the living room.
The wall art.
The closets.


50. Who (living or dead) would you invite to your dream dinner party?


All of my family.  Every single person.  I never met my mother's parents so I'd love to have them there.  I don't remember my father's dad so that would be nice as well.  I miss my dad's mom, the only grandparent I actually remember.  There are so many other relatives on both sides I would love to meet or just chill out with.  I have always wanted to participate in a family reunion so why not have that be my dream dinner party??


List Challenge Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...