Background

Friday, November 25, 2011

A blasphemous post!

Ok, maybe I'm being overly dramatic... it's not exactly "blasphemy" but it's close...

I kind of want to go back to work.

There, I said it "out loud".  Don't get me wrong, I love some good time off, but I've got nothing to do and I'm getting kind of antsy.  I was off Wednesday, then of course Thursday was Thanksgiving, and I've been off all day today... now I've got two more days off.  Ugh.

Wednesday I did a whole lot of nothing.  Thursday we cooked most of the day, ate, then vegged with Brad's sibs and watched a couple of movies.  Today I did a whole lot more nothing.  Scratch that, I did some online shopping to complete my Christmas gift purchases.  There was so much idle time today that all I could think about were the things that I have to do at work before the end of the year.  And I have TWO MORE DAYS OFF.  

I know I shouldn't complain.  I am blessed by the amount of days my job gives me off.  I am truly grateful for this.  I think if I weren't doing the work of two people (without even having time for my new job responsibilities yet) I would feel very differently about this.  Maybe it's stress or anxiety, I don't know.  

What I do know is I have so much to do when I get back to work and so little time to do it all.  It doesn't help that in December I am taking three days off to go to NY and I've got two meetings scheduled that will put me out of the office all day on two separate days.  Then of course there is Christmas and New Years that gives me another three days off.  That's a week and a half less time to do all the things I have to do.  Boo!

I'll quit my whining now... I feel a little bit better having vented.  Maybe I'll go curl up with a book or just hit the sheets.  First thing Monday morning I'm putting an ad out for office volunteers!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...