Background

Saturday, October 15, 2011

You're An Inspiration Award


About a month ago, I was given an award by Hilary at Feeling Beachie.  It was just before I was leaving for Texas so I didn't really have the time to properly acknowledge the award, even though I appreciated it so much! 

I haven't been a blogger for long, actually, on the 21st of October it will be the anniversary of my first post.  So "Just Another Day" has been going on for about a year now.  I'll be the first to say that I ramble and that a lot of what I say probably doesn't make sense or doesn't matter.  But who cares, right? This is my blog, this is an outlet for me, and I enjoy rambling.  I think many bloggers can relate.

So to get a blog award that I've been an inspiration is simply amazing to me! It is such an honor because it means that somewhere in the past year I did something right on my blog.  And to get said award from someone like Hilary is amazing in itself! 

Hilary is a great writer and she has a great following.  She was one of the first bloggers I interacted with, or who actually interacted with me, and she was just so inviting! One of those people who makes you feel at home with what you're doing, especially when you're not so sure you're in the right place.

I used to follow some blogs and the authors would post lists of rookie blogger mistakes they found so annoying (I was guilty of nearly all of them) and I got to a point where I just waited for these people to yell at me for something.  It was rather unsettling.  So I stopped following them.  I didn't want to be a part of the frigid blogging environment, I wanted to be a part of something fun! And I feel like I am.

Anyway, I need to pass this award on to ten blogs that I have found inspiring in one way or another.  If I understand correctly from Hilary's post, you are also supposed to link to an inspirational post, but like Hilary, I'm breaking those rules! If you check out these blogs, you'll find there are many inspirational posts!

I'm probably not supposed to give it back to the person who gave it to me, but I'm going to do that anyway and let her know she doesn't have to pass it on again, of course... <--- my new rule.

- Hilary @ Feeling Beachie 
     For all the reasons I stated above.  She's kind, so welcoming, interactive, a fur-mom, a New Yorker...
- Shelley @ Shelley Walker Photography
     Shelley is such a talented photographer! I wish I had one of her here in South Carolina.  She had a dream and she went for it.
- Jen @ IHeart Organizing 
     I am inspired to be as neat and organized as she is! Just look at her blog, do her house tour, you will not be disappointed.
- Kellie @ Another Day Stronger
     My heart breaks for Kellie.  She is an amazing woman.  After all she's been through, and is going through, she still has the strength to get out of bed, go to work, cook, clean, and have strong faith. 
- Caitlin @ Healthy Tipping Point & Operation Beautiful
     Caitlin makes me want to run again, or at least just be healthy! She's cookie (chair races) and a great fur-mom! That's her HTP blog, but if you check out Operation Beautiful, you won't need any further explanation from me!
- Brenda @ Fiction With a Purpose
     Brenda is a published author, an amazing writer, and still has the time to interact with fellow bloggers.  She was another one of the first people I came across when I started blogging and was also so nice!
- Teresa @ Snapshots of a Life
     Teresa is a great writer! I love reading her poems and short stories.  She also says what's on her mind and that is so refreshing!
- Melissa @ The Adventures of Baby P 
     Melissa is the person who got me into blogging.  She started her Baby P blog and that was the first blog I ever read.  I thought - hey, I can do that! And I did and it is all history.
- Aimee @ The Little Mama
     Aimee is my "green mama" friend! She is such an inspiration.  Before I met her, I wouldn't touch a cloth diaper with a 10 foot pole and now when I have kids, that's what I'm going to use! She has strong beliefs but she's not ignorant to others.  
- Sugar Belle @ The Sweet Adventures of Sugar Belle
     I love to bake and Sugar Belle has inspired me to get cracking! Not only is she a great baker, but she is an awesome artist! She is so talented and she has a great eye, very creative! I only wish I could do what she does, but I'm afraid to even try! 
- Brandi, Chris, and Scarlett @ Starring Scarlett
     The strength in this little family unit is completely inspiring.  Scarlett's strength to pull through is amazing and Brandi and Chris's strength to help her through it is amazing as well.
- Nikki @ Mommas and Tutus
     Like Shelley, Nikki found something she was good at and has turned it into a successful business.  She is doing so awesome and I've already ordered two tutus for my nieces from her! They are great quality and she is a pleasure to work with!
- Babygirl @ Love in a (Not So) Perfect World
     Babygirl shows so much raw emotion, I think it's great.  She isn't afraid to say what's what and she doesn't hold anything back.


And that was more than 10! Whoops...

6 comments:

  1. Um... I am crying here.. You are so sweet. Your words mean the world to me, and I am so thankful... and so thankful for having you in my life. Hugs - I got to go get a tissue now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer....your words are so sweet and kind..... I really appreciate this award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! I am thankful and I appreciate both of you!! When I started blogging I had no idea I'd end up really interacting with people, I thought I'd just be talking, ha... so thank you for helping make this experience a good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, this made my day! Thank you so much :) I really appreciate this award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award. It is so sweet of you to mention me and to include me in your list of inspiration!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...