Background

Friday, October 21, 2011

Thank God!

I was fiddling on Facebook during my lunch break today and came across something that reminded me of something I've been wanting to write about.  Someone posted an image of the phrase: "Thank God for what you have.  Trust God for what you need."  

In the past, any time I'd take a moment to pray, I would always ask for something.  I would pray that this happened or that happened.  I would pray that someone got better or that someone else found peace.  I don't really think those were selfish prayers, but I do think they were kind of silly.  

It wasn't until a few months ago that I realized God knows what I need and what I want.  I don't have to tell Him.  So I started trusting that God would provide and He has.  I haven't had to ask for a thing, all I do when I pray now is thank God for everything I have.

It's amazing how much more fulfilled I feel when it comes to my needs and wants.  I've kind of let go of my worries and trusted that God would take care of me, and of Brad, and He does.  Sure there are things that I can't help but ask for here and there, but sometimes you just need to get it out of your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...