Background

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

I went to the doctor today because I've been nauseous for a week now.  No, I'm not pregnant.  They took some blood and I'll hear back in a few days.  The nausea is not affecting my appetite and I'm having no gastrointestinal problems whatsoever.  I've never been more regular in my life.  

Anyway, I just need to whine for a minute because this is getting ridiculous and I need a break.  I think I'm so cranky and overwhelmed between work and school this semester because I haven't taken a vacation in over a year, a real vacation.  Yes, I've used my hard earned vacation days (we are on an accrual basis at work) here and there, but I haven't totally vegged out for a full week straight so I feel like I'm running on empty.

Not only is this probably taking a toll on my mental health (burntttt outttt) but I think it's taking a toll on my physical health as well, hence being sick! After my visit to the doctor, I returned to work and later on I felt a little dizzy for a minute and thought to myself - "You fool! You didn't have her check your ears!!!"  She should have checked my ears without me telling her, but dammit! How could I be so obtuse?

In the past year, I've probably been diagnosed with at least 3 ear infections.  It's become slightly common with me.  I don't know why I get so many, I keep my ears as clean as I can.  I don't stick things in them.  I don't play in the dirt.  I don't mess with my ears.  Why???

So needless to say, I'm going to have to go back to the doctor to get my ears checked and probably get on an antibiotic.  Boo!

And on a side note, I haven't scheduled my school work for the week yet.  So not in the mood.

And we got second place at trivia last night! Awesome! We cashed in on $75 worth of gift cards and ate for free.  Excited for next week.  I think it will be the last time they do it for a while since the following Monday is Halloween and then all the holiday chaos begins.  Fun.

2 comments:

  1. i think it is the local weather and the time of the year it is. i am feeling the exact same way. ps we play trivia every wednesday night and we got first! hooooray!

    try to focus on the positive. the holidays will be here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on trivia! We got first last week and third the week before. We're so happy we're placing, ha. And you're right, I think it is the gloomy weather that's got me down! I can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...