Background

Monday, October 10, 2011

I love Publix recipes!

Lately I've been on a Publix Apron's Recipe kick, I mentioned the first one we did here.  Personally, I love how you can go to the Publix web site, pick out the recipes you want to make, and add the ingredients to your shopping list... AND when you select the store you are going to shop at, your shopping list tells you the isle the items are on in the store.  Rock on.  Saves so much time and thought!

Anyway, tonight we made the best one yet.  It was delicious and we didn't have to cook it.  Hello Hawaiian Roll-Ups With Coconut Slaw! O. M. G.  And I don't use that term lightly.  The coconut slaw was nothing short of amazing and the pineapple spread used for the roll-ups was divine.  I want to eat more of it.  We had chips and peach salsa on the side as well and that was yummy too.  Mint chocolate chip gelato for dessert... a meal from heaven.

Today we kept pretty busy, so much so I'm exhausted but can't sleep.  Love it when that happens.  Brad made a yummy breakfast of grits, eggs, and turkey bacon.  Then we did some clean up, vacuumed and shampooed the carpets (thank you cat barf).  Then we hit the grocery store, made dinner, watched TV, and he went to bed.  I'm still up.  It's almost 2 in the morning, so glad I don't have to work tomorrow.  Er, today.

We're doing music trivia again tomorrow night.  Er, tonight.  I'm pretty excited to cash in our $10 gift certificate on dessert! We're not going to eat dinner at the restaurant, we're going to eat at home.  Not sure what I'm going to make though.  Need to sift through the Publix recipes that are laid out on my kitchen counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...