Background

Friday, October 21, 2011

Five Question Friday

Hello Friday!! Oh how I've missed you so.  This is probably my most favorite day of the week because it is filled with the anticipation of the upcoming weekend! Yay!

And now for my first Friday hop...


1. Where do you escape to when you've had enough?

It depends on what I've had enough of.  If I'm at work and I've had enough, I might go outside or hit the grocery store across the street.  If I'm at home and I've had enough, again depending on what I've had enough of, I might go for a walk, go on the computer, watch TV, take a nap...

2. What shows are you watching this fall?

The better question might be, what shoes aren't I watching this fall? Ha.  My fall line up: Hawaii Five-0, How I Met Your Mother, American Choppers: Jr. vs. Sr., Glee, Criminal Minds, CSI, CSI:NY, The Vampire Diaries, Psych, Big Bang Theory, Law and Order: SVU... I actually think that might be it.  I must be missing something, that doesn't seem like enough.  We DVR all the episodes and watch them whenever we feel like so we're not glued to specific time slots.

3. What is the longest road trip you've ever taken and where did you go?

Let me check MapQuest and I'll be right back...

Ok, the longest road trip I had was from here (SC) to Albany, New York for my best friend's wedding.  It was over 900 miles because I took a detour through Pennsylvania to visit my sister and her kids.  And then of course we drove back, but didn't stop in PA on the way back so it was probably just under 900.  This was in June of 2007.

4. Do you plan on taking your kids to Disney World?

I don't have kids, but when/if I do I probably will.  My husband's parents own a time share just outside of Disney World so it's pretty much a given that our kids will be Disney spoiled.

5. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?

I dropped out of high school in my senior year.  It's something I don't share much because people are very quick to judge.  Many people hear "drop out" and immediately think delinquent.  I wasn't a delinquent, I suffered from major depression as a teen.  People would be surprised to know I dropped out because of how much I love school now and how motivated and dedicated I am.  I'm also very smart, and I'm not just saying that to toot my own horn.  I know a lot of stuff and things that I don't know I can figure out.  It's not that I'm also a very easy going, happy person, so people wouldn't guess I suffered from depression either.  I never lacked any of those qualities before, it's that my depression stifled them.  I had a really great therapist and a supportive family so I got through it and I am well.

2 comments:

  1. My husband dropped out of high school too and is far from a delinquent, I think it is interesting how many people jump to that conclusion before really understanding the situation. I think people would be surprised just how many successful people in this world didn't finish high school in the "traditional" way.
    Stopping by from 5QF, hope your weekend is going great!

    http://randomramblingsonlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment Hannah! You are absolutely right, there are many successful people out there who didn't finish in the traditional way. Not that I am suggesting everyone should drop out, but sometimes things happen and if they do there are alternatives.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...