Background

Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Question Friday

Joining Mama M. for another fun Five Question Friday! Play along now...





1. Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl or cone?

About 90% of the time I prefer it in a bowl.  But I can't pass up a good soft serve wafer cone.  Yum.

2. What three things do you love the smell of?

Vanilla.  Um? More vanilla.  No... Fresh cut grass! Even though it makes me sneeze like a fool! Ok, so vanilla, fresh cut grass, and ... I'd say cookies or a cake baking but that's so close to vanilla and I'm trying to think of something different... ok, how is this for weird? A new book or magazine.  They just have that new smell to them.  It's nice.  Vanilla. Fresh cut grass. A new book or magazine.  Wait, a magazine without all the perfume ads. 

3. Gift cards or no? (In regards to gift giving...)

Yes and no.  I personally love to receive gift cards and I know some other people who do as well, especially kids! So I can't say that they aren't a good gift to give.  However, I do like, and prefer, giving a gift that I thought long and hard about, or that a person really, really wants or could use.  I think there is an appropriate time to give a gift card.  Some years around Christmas I toy with the idea of getting nothing but gift cards.  My family is scattered and my sisters usually fly in or I have to ship their gifts out and for postage and airplane reasons, gift cards might just be the easier route.  But one downside to gift cards is they put a price tag on a gift.  Bam! - this is how much I spent on you.  Which I know doesn't matter and it's the thought that counts, but it's still evident.  You can buy a $50 item on sale for $25 and who would know? But buy a $25 gift card and everyone knows you spend $25.  Not that we go gift shopping with the hopes of deceiving our loved ones, but you know what I mean... holy ramble... next!

4. What sports did you play in high school, if any, and do you still play them?

I was on the tennis team in junior high for about five minutes.  I didn't like being told what to do after school so I quit.  It was something I liked doing, not necessarily something I was good at.  I still play occasionally when I'm on vacation in Florida, but again, it is something I like doing, not necessarily something I'm good at.

5. Were you in band in high school? What instrument did you play?

Shocker alert! I played two instruments, but not in high school, in middle school.  Three if you count the recorder.  Ha.  Anyway, I played the violin and wasn't half bad.  I also played the clarinet, for about five minutes.  Again, I didn't like being told what to do after school, so I quit.  Man, I was a monster.  I think I grew out of the violin or something, I liked doing it and I liked the instructor.  I can't think of why I stopped.  Now I'm going to go find a recorder to buy for cheap online so I can rock out to some Mary Had a Little Lamb! I think I can still play...

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I am Lauren from Souls to Squeeze (coming from 5QF!) and we live near each other! :) And I too cannot pass up a waffle cone... except at Menchie's (if you ever go there... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow! Just stopped by your blog! Never been to Menchie's but I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...