Background

Saturday, October 22, 2011

311 had more of an impact on me than I realize...

Picture it: late 90s, early 00s... 

 
I listened to them all the time, I still only have the albums they came out with during that time... Music, Grassroots, Self-titled, and Transistor.  Not that I don't like the music they have come out with since then, I honestly just haven't been buying CDs.

Anyway, I was driving home from Beaufort on Thursday and had my iPod plugged in to the car stereo.  I decided that I was in a 311 kind of mood so I put it on.  (I know all the words to Do You Right from start to finish - my favorite 311 song!)  As I listened to the different songs that came on, I realized three little 311 things that I've carried with me through the years.  

Fun fact: while I was listening to 311 I noticed that my trip-o-meter in the car was right on 311! I kid you not, before I could get my phone out to take a picture it turned to 311.1.  Moment gone, but it was fun!

1. Loco.  My cat.  Definitely named her after the 311 song Loco.  If you're familiar with the song - no, I did not trip the 'shrooms fantastic.  I just really liked the tune!

2. Little Bastard.  My old car.  There is a part in the 311 song Salsa where they are singing real fast and you can barely understand what they're saying until suddenly S.A. says Little Bastard.  For some reason I passed that along to my car and it was it's name.

3. Silver.  A password.  Weird, because the song itself didn't really mean much, it was just a simple one-word random response I could use for a password.  Interestingly enough, I've incorporated it into many passwords even to this day.  No, I'm not telling you which ones.  And no, I don't feel like I'm a total ding-dong for revealing this.  I make my passwords a combination of all sorts of things - letters, numbers, symbols - so I can say with a great deal of confidence that you'll never know. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I've never heard of the band 311. Where they a popular band? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were, and they still are. You should check them out on YouTube. A very eclectic mix of rock styles.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...