Background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One Minute Writer: Fire

 

Write about a memory you have that involves fire.

I can actually think of four.  These are fresh in my mind as I was just discussing with friends the horrible fires in Texas.  The first was when someone dumped an ashtray out in my grandmother's trash can in the kitchen.  The ashes were still lit and a fire started.  My mom put it out with a pot lid.  The second was in a dumpster on the road behind my old house on Long Island.  I remember being very afraid that it would spread to our yard.  Then there were the wildfires on Long Island in the 90s.  And last was the fire that burned in the home that my old apartment on Long Island was attached to.  Thankfully my stuff didn't burn, but there was a lot of smoke and water damage and belongings were lost.  I didn't know about renters' insurance back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...