Background

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Managing better than I thought

At least for now...

I did really well today, gotten a lot accomplished.  I've got nothing left to hang over my head and make me anxious throughout the weekend and my two Beaufort days.  Work is under control, as always.  It is my anticipation that gets me more than anything else.

School is great too.  

I did my "listening" assignment for Spanish yesterday.  The teacher talks for about four minutes in Spanish, they you have to answer five questions based on what she said.  You can listen to the recording as many times as you want.  I listened twice.  I can confidently say that I had almost no idea what she was saying.  It's so hard to understand spoken Spanish without anything written to follow.  In my last Spanish class, the instructor always had what she was saying written out as well so you could follow along.  She had us all do the same for our voice boards.  While I had almost no idea what she was saying, I picked up on enough key words to get the drift of it.  I know a lot of vocabulary and that helps decipher the spoken language.  I got 100% on the five questions which is awesome.  They were in Spanish too and, again, I picked up on the key words in the written questions.  This particular assignment used some easier vocabulary, but I think if I have a more complex listening assignment, I might try to transcribe it so I can get a better idea of what she is saying.  Sometimes when certain words are spoken together they sound like a whole different word, so writing these things down and reading them might help unscramble some of that.

Anyway, my psychology class is good too.  I'm on top of all my assignments except one.  I have to read a chapter of the text and I'm soooo not in the mood.  I have begun the chapter, just not finished it.  And it's not for lack of interest, because I am interested in the material, it's because I don't feel like reading.  Sometimes I love to read and go through book after book after book, other times I can't even lift one.  I'm going to try to pick it back up tonight though.  I am doing so well with my time management so far, I can't let myself down now.

Tonight we're having dinner with my parents.  Tomorrow we have a couple of birthdays to celebrate.  I'm hoping to complete the rest of my classwork by tomorrow so I can have a free weekend, but we'll see how that works out.  I don't want to drive myself crazy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...