Background

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fort Worth, Day 4

Tuesday, September 20

Honky Tonk day!!!!!

Tuesday started with breakfast, french toast, and a ceremony of the coming and going of members of the Board of Trustees for CCUSA.  It was a nice event, there were some nice speeches.  Then began the work shops for the day.  I was on the development track, as I mentioned in this post, so I stuck with workshops geared towards advancement.  I heard from some really great speakers and I'm really looking forward to implementing some of their ideas within my own organization.  

Tuesday evening was time for a visit to the Fort Worth Stockyards.  Mary and I met at the hotel bar before we took off and had some chips and queso and salsa, and beer.  We then took buses over, wandered around the shops a little bit.  I added to my shot glass collection and picked up some fancy spice packs for Brad.  We had our very own cattle drive with some of the most depressed looking longhorns I've ever seen.  It was hot and they already do their thing twice a day for the tourists, let's make it three for us!





Eventually we ended up at Billy Bob's Honky Tonk.  Overall we had a great time, but we were a little confused as to why the band was playing rock and pop music.  We were kind of hoping for a real country western experience.  But we survived.  Dinner was a buffet of BBQ brisket, baked beans, and some other stuff I can't recall.  Did I mention there was beer?


 
We got to see some bull riding! It was neat to watch, I liked this one bull who didn't want to cooperate and wouldn't leave the ring.  I love a good stubborn animal.  









 After that, we wandered around BB's aimlessly and checked out all the celebrity hand prints on the walls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...