Background

Friday, September 23, 2011

Five Question Friday!

I uploaded my trip pics before I went to bed last night, so it's looking like I'll finally post something this weekend!


1. Dream job...realistic and completely unrealistic.
 Realistic.  I'd love to be a counselor that works with children in some way.  That is my dream job right now, though it changes often.  I really love the organization I work for and I hope to be able to help it grow and expand and maybe eventually land a higher position where I'm at.  As long as it is something I am passionate about.  Unrealistic. I want to own my own bake shop.  I know that's not exactly unrealistic, but right now, to me, it is.
2. Do you fart in front of your significant other? 
Yes.  I'm with him about 70% of my time.  That would be uncomfortable.
3. What's the furthest you've ever traveled from home? How far and where was it?
San Diego, California.  Approximately 2300 miles away, but that's through MapQuest and therefore probably not a straight shot.
4. How do you celebrate birthday for your kids? Family only or friends? ... Alternate for those without kiddos: How did you celebrate birthdays as a kid?
Growing up I always had a family birthday that wasn't a party, just dinner or whatever with a cake.  Then I had a birthday party with my friends.  I still demand request a Carvel ice cream cake for my birthday every year.
5. Fave thing about fall?
The cooler temps, how the smell changes from fresh cut grass to something else, hard to describe, but that autumny scent... Thanksgiving!!!!! No more AC... dressing for warmth... the color of the leaves when they change...

3 comments:

  1. I said I'd like to be a counselor too. And I LOVE fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to hear of folks who like to work with children-so many children come from broken homes, in more senses than just parents that are divorced. They need to know there are adults who care and are cheering them on!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies! Thanks for stopping by!

    Josanne - children (of all ages) definitely do need to know that there are people out there who care. Too few do.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...