Background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

First day of school

I feel like I should take a picture of myself at a bus stop or something but then I may freak the kids out who are all at least 15 years younger than me.  "Who is the creepy old chick?" they'd wonder.

Today, September 1st, is the first day of the fall semester at University of Massachusetts Lowell.  I am enrolled in two classes.  I had enrolled in three but I had a prerequisite issue and I couldn't find a class to take that one's place.  Correction, I found a class but it was a lot of paper writing and I didn't think that would be a good third class at this time.  But all the other classes I could take were either wait listed or not available this semester.  Not a big deal, I'm not going to stress.

I checked out my Spanish 3 and Community Psychology classrooms.  Not too bad.  Community psychology seems like it's going to be real fun - I always love my psych classes.  I have a feeling Spanish 3 is going to be a bit of a challenge, but I think I need a challenge because Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 were both real easy.  She's starting the semester off with some review of the first 2 classes, so that will be a nice refresher.  

I'm doing ok, not too stressed about it.  I'm glad I have a three day weekend coming up so I can sit down and plan, that makes me feel much better.  I hate diving into a semester without planning so this is a good thing.  I can schedule my time, etc.  


There is just one thing I'm mildly freaking out about and that's my conference in a couple of weeks.  My Spanish teacher doesn't allow any make ups, or any exceptions.  So as opposed to other classes when you can make the teacher aware that you will be out of town and they may make arrangements with you to turn something in early or a day late, this one won't budge.  I'll only be out five days, so I think I can plan accordingly, but to read that in a syllabus right up front, kind of sucks.  


Wish me luck for a happy semester full of lots of work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...