Background

Friday, August 5, 2011

Work E-mail Etiquette?

When you send someone an e-mail with a file or information or whatever and said e-mail results in the person replying and saying "thank you", do you have to send another e-mail to say "you're welcome"?  

I fight with myself on this all the time.  I always delete the "thanks" and "you're welcome" e-mails - as in I do not save them.  I might respond, but I don't save their pleasantries to a folder on my computer to keep for all eternity.

But do you have to say "you're welcome"? Do people sit there and wait for their "you're welcome" e-mail? Do they get mad if they don't get it? Or is it just another e-mail to delete?

Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I'm a new follower! Please join me:
    McGuffyAnn
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey McGuffy Ann, thanks for the follow! I'm following back right now! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You touched on my biggest pet peeve... I hate office emails that say OK, Thanks, Your Welcome, etc. Don't say your welcome. All of these are nice, but wastes of time. I get 300+ work emails daily, and these emails that say nothing take up time to open, read, and delete that could have been better spent on something else. Same goes for cc'ing the world... UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree! Another one of my office pet peeves is "reply to all". No no no no no!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...