Background

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday afternoon ramblings...

Yes, I just started reading James Patterson's Toys yesterday and yes, I am already finished.  I'm sure I've said it before, but his books are real quick reads for me, especially if they can hold my attention.  I just talked about it on my One Minute Writer post for today and I'm not going to repeat myself here.

So it's thundering, those end of summer thunderstorms I've grown to enjoy.  After my first tornado warning here in South Carolina, I became less than fond of thunderstorms.  I used to love them in New York because they didn't come off as dangerous to me there.  Well, living on the third floor of an apartment building, the top floor, and dealing with thunderstorms possibly infested with tornadoes, I kind of freaked out.  Well, I did freak out.  In the hall, futon mattress over my head, freaked out.  When we moved out of the apartment and into our house, I noticed a couple of things.  First, it is the spring storms that tend to spark tornado activity, these summertime storms are a breeze.  Second, when you're three stories in the air, everything in the sky is louder.  Anyway, I'm liking the rain, thunder, and lightning that is going on right now.  Daisy, however, is not.  As indicated by the picture I posted a short while ago.


I'm actually pretty excited about that picture.  It's the first picture and blog post I've done from my cell phone.  Why is this important? Normally it wouldn't be important, but since part of my 101 in 1001 is to do a 365 photo blog, it became important to me that I had a way to post a picture even if I didn't have access to a computer.  Now I know I can.  Also, you never know when a picture perfect moment might come up when you don't even have your camera! And I pretty much always have my cell.  So this is good news to me for when I do this 365 photo blog.  


So I started the book Cross Country by good ol' JP.  I'm back to the delicious Alex Cross series.  This is where I started many, many years ago with Kiss the Girls.  I saw the movie, discovered there was a book, and became hooked.  I haven't bought a JP book in a long time, the books of his I've been reading are on loan from my friend and co-worker Linda.  So I basically read what she gives me and I am far behind! Once I complete Cross Country I have two more to go here in my possession, but I'm sure she's got a stack at her house waiting to pass along to me.  So I'm using my three day weekend to catch up.  


Last night I made a Betty Crocker carrot cake.  Not as good as Duncan Heines, but still good.  Still cake.  I finished putting together my recipe book too.  It was such a relief to finally get those recipes and pages off my craft desk.  I still have to put in the section dividers and I might do that tomorrow courtesy of the free samples I've been getting at work from Mark at Herald Office.  Now that I've got all the recipes in the book and the book put away, I'm not so motivated to do further work on it, but I know I will eventually.  


Back to the photo blog... I want to make it a true photo blog, no words, and I really want to keep it at 365 days.  So I'm thinking the ideal start date for said blog would be January 1st, right? But then part of me wants to start it now now now, so I don't know.  I'm trying to compromise and maybe start it on December 1st, that way I can capture the holidays a little bit, and my birthday, and my New York trip? But what about my Texas trip?? Maybe I should capture that in my 365 as well?? Decisions, decisions, decisions.  I think January 1st is the best date to start, document a full year from start to finish.  I think that's the idea.  


So school starts soon for me.  September 1st.  Yikes.  I need to order my books already, good grief! I don't know what I'm waiting for.  I might have mentioned here that I had to drop one of my classes.  It had a pre-req that I didn't pay any attention to.  It was so hard to find that class available, I'm not sure I'm going to have luck finding another and I honestly haven't had time to look, but it's on my agenda for tomorrow, along with ordering my book for my psych class.  I hope I can find another class.  


Ok, well I'm off to go make some of Edith's famous sloppy joes! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...