Background

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Insidious

Last night we had a little movie night get-together with the sibs and some friends and watched the horror flick Insidious.  I was honestly surprised that a horror movie done in 2010 was devoid of guts and gore.  I love a good horror movie but I honestly think the last "new" horror movie I saw all the way through might have been White Noise.  Why? Because of movies like Saw, Hostel, etc.  I remember actually getting up and leaving the theater during Exorcist: The Beginning because of how disgusting it was.  And it was pretty much over from there.  I wasn't going to sit down and watch any horror movie and all of a sudden get slammed with some horrid death or dismemberment scene.  What ever happened to good old fashioned scary movies, like Halloween (see similar waa waa post here).  Less is more people!

Long story short, it was a pretty good movie, not disgusting, will definitely make you jump (and make your husband scream like a 4 year old girl).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...