Background

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hummus

I ate some hummus last night.  I've never had it before.  Yes, you read that right.  We were at trivia last night and one of the appetizers on the menu was hummus with pita chips.  Brad wanted some but wanted to share and I was like, ew no.  He asked if I had ever eaten it before and I said no, then I recalled one of my 101 in 1001... # 13  Eat 5 things I’ve never tried before.  So I tried it and I liked it.  

I am a firm believer in trying new foods.  It's almost always worth it.  However, I am also a firm believer in there being a good side and a bad side to trying, and liking, new foods.  The good side: it expands your palate and leads to more variety in your diet.  The bad side: it expands your palate and leads to more variety in your diet.  

For example: cheesecake.  I hated the idea of cheese and cake and refused to try it for so long.  Then, finally, I tried a cheesecake bite at a Christmas party and absolutely thought it was God's gift to desert.  The party was for the Catholic School's Office so you never know... Anyway, that's my example of the bad side... all the pounds I've probably gained that I can directly attribute to cheesecake.  I could have done without adding that to my diet.  

Oh and I'm adding a few new photos to my 100 Snapshots Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...