Background

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Days

I'm in a pretty good mood right now.  Over the past couple of days I've been messing with my 101 in 1001 list and taking some things off, adding other things on, etc... I'm not trying to make it more or less challenging, just more fun and more fulfilling.  I removed things like "no fast food for a month" or "expand my vocabulary by 100 words" and replaced them with things like "visit a national part" and "paint a picture".  

I have to say that I'm tired of making lists.  I had too many list-like things on my 101 list and who wants to accomplish a bunch of lists? How is that fulfilling or rewarding or a worthwhile use of your time? It's not.  Well, maybe sometimes.  I do love a good "to do list" but I wasn't in the mood for 101 of them.

I'm still finding things on the list and thinking "BORING" so I'm replacing them with other things.  If you remember from my original 101 post, I did basically just copy the list from the sample at the Day Zero Project so I knew I'd come across things that I didn't think enough about, like "stand on your head for an hour a day, for a week."  Ok, so I'm only kidding on that last one but that was the path I was on with those.  A re-evaluation was certainly in order and I think that's normal and perfectly ok.

So with the revamping of my list, I'm finding some new, adventurous things and I am actually making plans! For the paint a picture one, I made reservations for Brad and I to go to couples' night at this fun art studio place.  Another new one that I added was a scavenger hunt.  My mom is working on putting one of those together for us.  I'm just really, really excited! I think being excited about goals is the way it's got to be otherwise you aren't going to do them because you're bored.

Anyone have any fun goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...