Background

Friday, August 5, 2011

First Five Question Friday of August

I know it's five days into the month, but it is still so weird to be saying "August".  Wasn't it just January? Like last week?


1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them?
I have three sisters - 6, 8, and 9 years older than me.  I wouldn't say that we're not close, though we don't speak as often as we probably should.  Two live in New York and one lives in California and I'm here in South Carolina so logistically speaking it isn't easy.  But there are many forms of communication these days, so it shouldn't be impossible.  So I guess my answer would be, we're not as close as we should be.  At least I'm not as close to them, maybe they're closer to each other.  I don't know.  They're all closer in age to one another.  I kind of feel like an outcast in that respect.

2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight?
I would rather be slightly over.  And I probably always will be.  I like food!

3. What's your favorite State Fair food to splurge on?
Turkey leg.  I would go with the traditional desert style foods like a funnel cake or elephant ear, but those I think I take for granted.  We almost always get those when we go to the fair or festival, but the turkey legs are few and far between.  For one, they are expensive.  Two, they are not as easy to share.  So since we do not get them as often, they're more coveted.  

4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks?
If by kids you mean pets, I think it's great! It's about time they got out of the house and had some responsibilities.  I can only imagine the things they do while me and Brad are at work all day! First step to them earning their keep is getting an education! Sorry, I don't have kids, my cats and dog are my babies.  :)

5. Pool or Ocean?
This is a hard one.  When I lived in New York and was minutes from the beach, I would immediately say ocean (even though I lived on the north shore [Long Island Sound] and not the south shore [Atlantic Ocean]).  But since it takes me 45 minutes to get to the nearest beach, at least, I'd have to say pool since it's closer.  If we're talking about the actual experience: beach! In a heartbeat! Although some of the unknowns about the water terrify the crap out of me, sometimes you've just got to let that go and play in the sand and water.  But if I need to immediately quench my thirst for some swimming - pool it is.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! :) Hope you have a great weekend! (Found your blog from Five Question Friday)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...