Background

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Books and Things

It's thundering right now, it sounds nice.  I wish I could hear the rain but the raucous from the dishwasher and Brad's video game is making that impossible.  It's all good though, I heard it before.  The poor dog is in her bathroom fall-out shelter.  She was sitting under Brad's chair shaking so much he could feel it so I took one of her bed blankets and put it on the floor in the bathroom, the center-most, quiet during a storm, room of the house.  She's been in there for about an half an hour now, by herself, just chilling in the semi-quiet.  Whoops, she just walked out because she heard Brad in the kitchen.  Such a dog.

Today I finished the book Tick Tock by James Patterson.  Another to cross of my list.  I also began Toys.  Feeling a little accomplished already this weekend.  James Patterson books are such easy reads for me.  His chapters are real short so you can actually squeeze them in between chores/tasks/etc.  It's real easy to finish them in just a couple of days.  

Last night I watched the movie Up In The Air with George Clooney.  It was an OK movie, I wasn't really sure what to make of it.  Definitely not one that made me laugh or cry, or had me on the edge of my seat.  It did throw me for a loop at one point, and it was a kind of disappointing loop.  But it ended OK.  It was on HBO on Demand or Showtime on Demand, I can't remember which... anyway, I need a "U" movie for my 101 in 1001 challenge and that was it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...