Background

Friday, August 19, 2011

50 Questions, 36-50

I decided that I've been at this 101 in 1001 challenge for over a week and while I have been making progress, I haven't completed anything yet, and I want to finish at least one thing, so here it goes with the last 15 questions of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind.  Oh and on a side note, I added two more pictures to my 100 Snapshots Challenge. :)

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?

If you take the time to investigate a little bit, then yes.  Evil can come in many forms so you might not know at first glance.  The same with good.


37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? 

I'm not sure.  I think I would at least take some time off, but I am a spender so I think I'd zip through that pretty quick.  I like my job about 90% of the time, so I'd like to say I'd stick with it just in case I go broke in a year.  Haha.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? 

More work that I enjoy doing.  I hate being bored.  I need to be doing something all the time.  I can't even talk to people on the phone or in person without doing something else at the same time.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? 

Not necessarily this particular day, but there are days that I feel like I've done before.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? 

I do it all the time.

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? 

My parents.  I'd like to see the rest of my family too, but since we're scattered, my parents are the only ones I'd actually be able to see.

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? 

Nope.  I'm pretty happy the way that I am and I don't think changing that is going to be worth losing 10 years of happiness.

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? 

Taking the time to do the things that you love.  Everyone is alive, but if you're just going through life with no enthusiasm and no fun, then you're just a body.

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? 

Ideally, all the time.  But unfortunately when there are times of uncertainty, you've got to look at all aspects of a situation.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? 

Because a mistake is an error and who wants to be wrong? But sometimes S happens and you just take it and move on.

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? 

Not much.  I don't sway too much from my usual self.

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? 

Maybe last week when I was sick and congested and it was real easy to hear.

48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? 

I love my husband and my pets and my family.  My husband and I share our love all the time, even the littlest things like holding hands.  And I play with my cats and dog every day, pet them and cuddle with them.  I don't see my family as often as I'd like, but I do go to trivia with my parents weekly, although my dad just dropped out.  Party pooper.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? 

I haven't done anything super fantastic this week, so probably not.  Aside from documenting life on my blog, I probably would have no recollection of these days.

50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? 


I make every decision for myself.  Even the decision to let someone make a decision for me is a decision in itself.  Not that I do that.  There are some instances where it is unavoidable, especially at work, someone might just make a decision for you and there isn't much you can do about that.  But I make all personal decisions for myself, or my husband does, and I'm OK with that.


And now I get to cross one off my list!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...