Background

Thursday, August 11, 2011

1-10 of the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

So part of the 101 in 1001 that I am doing involved "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind."  I honestly can't say I know who generated this list of questions.  I had never heard of it until I went to Day Zero Project.  I Googled it and a ton of web sites came up.  Anyway, since there are 50 questions and some of them are pretty deep, I'm only going to do a few at a time.   

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

When I hear this question my initial interpretation is to say that I am a child, maybe under a year old.  I think of this as an actual age when I didn't know how old I was.  Ok, maybe I could be 2, but I feel like kids are holding up two fingers when they're two, whether or not they understand that 2 is their age, I don't know.  Am I not thinking profoundly enough?

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Never trying.  As much as it stinks to fail at something, at least you had the guts to try.


3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?

I don't like it when people say that life is short.  It's the longest thing any of us ever experiences.  So I don't think life is short.  And on another note, I think we should do things we like and not things we don't like.  What the heck?

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Definitely.  I talk a lot.

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

I would like for people to be more open-minded and not be so ignorant towards other peoples' beliefs.  There is nothing worse than sharing your opinion with someone, or even a random thought, and having them knock it down to the ground and stomp on it because they don't feel the same way.  I don't expect everyone to be on the same wavelength, but at least be considerate of one another.  Just because I don't practice the same faith as you or have the same major, doesn't mean my stuff holds no value.


6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?


Helping others.  I am a psychology student and I absolutely love the field.  When I graduate, I fully intend on using my degree to help others.  I currently work for a non-profit in the human services industry and it is so rewarding.  I feel like I can use my skills to help people in the community.  There is nothing more valuable than that.


7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

See answer to number 6.  I am doing what I believe in.  Not only do I get to practice my faith at work (I work for a religious non-profit) but I get to work in the field that I am studying.  I love it.  I know that it is a worthwhile field and it makes me happy to be able to give back.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I probably would have gone to college sooner.  I will be lucky if I've completed all the degrees I want to complete by the time I'm 40.  I'm midway through my bachelor program and I still want a masters and would love a doctorate, though I'm not so sure about the last one.  Regardless, I'd be running out of time if I was going to die at or around 40.  Or maybe I would have skipped college and started a family sooner.  I'm really not sure.  I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

I am fully responsible for where I am in my life today.  I made decisions that got me here, no one else.  Sure when I was younger my parents made some decisions for me, but none of them were the decisions that took me to this place.  My parents decisions put me on the school bus, sent me to religion classes, dance classes, girl scouts... I decided to move, to get married, to go to school, to work this job.  

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

I'm worried about doing the right things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...