Background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Resolutions: Where am I at?

I stumbled upon this post yesterday and thought it would be neat to see my progress.

  • Become more involved with my Faith - I've been attending Mass more frequently at work and actually did the rosary at home the other night.  I'm not quite where I'd hoped I'd be, but I'm getting there.
  • Take some time to relax every once in a while - Doing my best! But it's hard when I get the compulsive urge to do something every waking minute of every day.  I can't even chill and watch TV without checking something on my phone, digging through a magazine, organizing something, etc.
  • Dedicate myself to my school work and complete my bachelor degree - Still going strong! Signed up for three classes for Fall semester.  I should have taken at least one class over the summer, but oh well.  Moving forward...
  • Improve my health and physical well-being - We've been eating better (this past week, aside from the ice cream) but I haven't quite gotten the exercise thing down yet.  I did do the 30 Day Shred for about 11-12 days.  I would like to do that again.
  • Cook dinner more - Been pretty good about this this year.  This past week we've been concocting and it's been fun!
  • Try to do something for someone else each day, no matter how big or how small, it might mean a lot more to them than I think, so it's always worth it - This isn't always easy, but I can say that at least 5 out of the 7 days of the week I do something for someone else.
  • Communicate more with my family - I see my parents every Friday night at trivia.  I chat with my sisters via text, e-mail, sometimes over the phone when I can, but not as much as I'd like.  It's a two way street though and I can only take so much initiative.  I know that sounds harsh, but I'm not a phone person, at all.  So I have about zero motivation to pick up the phone and call people.  But there is more than one person in every relationship, therefore more than one person can make the effort.
  • Make my own greeting cards (birthday, anniversary, etc.) - I've been doing great with this! However, the last two birthday cards I sent out (July birthdays) were store bought because when I was going through my wedding box a while back, I found my sister and my nephew's birthday cards that I had bought a couple of years back and lost! So they weren't actually bought this year, but I had bought them at some point.  But anyway, I still haven't spent a dime on greeting cards this year!
  • Be more frugal with our money, work out a budget and stick to it, keep building our savings account - Hm.  The savings account - not so good.  There is still money in there, but not as much as I'd like.
  • Take a trip somewhere and be a tourist with my husband. - We did go to Atlanta together and that was nice, though we didn't do anything touristy while we were there.  We're planning a trip to NYC for my birthday in December and we will definitely do some touristy things at that time.  

Considering I made these general resolutions and not "New Year" resolutions, I think I'm doing pretty good.  I think I've touched on at least every item on this list, which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...