Background

Friday, July 29, 2011

Our Lady's Pantry

Today Brad and I had an adventure.  We went to Beaufort to spend the day at Our Lady's Pantry, a food pantry run by the organization I work for.  We had a fantastic day volunteering.  I interviewed clients and notified the volunteers of how much food they would need and Brad worked in the actual pantry sorting canned goods and packing bags for the clients.  It was a completely humbling experience.  It hurts my heart to see so many people out there who are suffering.  Some of the monthly income numbers were absolutely heartbreaking.  It makes me realize how much I have, even though I don't always feel like I have a lot.

On our way back we stopped at Carolina Cider Company.  It is a quaint little shop off the side of Highway 17 in Yemassee.  They had some samples out and their cider is delicious! I got some peach and Brad got some cherry.  We also sampled and bought some spicy garlic pickles and some sweet potato butter.  Both delicious! Their jams are also very good.  If you're ever traveling through that area, definitely stop by, it's a not-so-hidden hidden gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...