Background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

One Minute Writer: From


Where are you from?

I was born and raised on Long Island, in New York.  I lived in a nice small town called Rocky Point.  My house was minutes from the Long Island Sound and I spent so much time there on the beach when I was younger.  I used to actually run to the beach like a mad person.  At the end of my street there was a cliff overlooking the beach and sometimes I used to jump down it.  It wasn't a cliff exactly, it was a pretty steep sand dune, but a cliff nonetheless.  I miss my hometown like crazy but it's not the same as it was anymore, it's been 9 years since I moved and I can't believe I've already spent almost a third of my life in a different place.

I'm not sure if this link will work properly, but it should take you to a Google map of Cliff Court in Rocky Point.  If it does, you can see the beach at the top, then a bunch of trees, then a neighborhood.  The bunch of trees are on the cliff, it is sooo overgrown since my days of jumping down it! And if you pan to the left, past the jetty, you can see the beach and actual sand dunes that I used to play on when I was little.  Oh how I miss it!

3 comments:

  1. FYI - That second part is just additional ramblings from me, it isn't part of my one minute response!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a WONDERFUL place to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks C. Beth! It really was!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...