Background

Monday, July 18, 2011

I've got a lot to say tonight, in case you couldn't tell...

This is what happens when I have NOTHING to do on my day off.  I fill my head with random thoughts.  They talk about idle hands, but what about idle minds? I guess when you're blogging it's a little bit of both!

So today I finally finished a book! I read Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris, the latest installment in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire series.  It was nice to revisit the folks in Bon Temps according to Charlaine Harris, as True Blood sometimes makes me crazy since it's so loosely based on the books.  So it was nice to be back in that place where it makes sense to me.  But it wasn't the best by far.  

Next on my list really needs to be one of the James Patterson books Linda lent me.  I have five of them, I believe, on my dresser to read and I need to at least start one of them.  James Patterson books are so easy for me to read that once I start one, I'll be done in a few hours.  The hard part is finding the time to pick up the book and start.  


I was also thinking today how I would LOVE a treadmill.  I think one of my issues with reading is that it really nails me down.  Sure I can walk around while reading a book, I've done that plenty of times so I can move from one room to the next, etc.  I can also eat while I read.  But still, I sometimes feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm just sitting down with a book.  I guess it's the multi-tasker in me, I can't just be doing one thing without wondering what else I can do at the same time.  Reading is one of those things, I'm only engaging my mind in a book, not my body, but I can't exactly walk around the neighborhood with a book in my hand, but I could walk on a treadmill.  So I may be checking Craigslist over the next few weeks... at least until this "thought of the month" has passed.  Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...