Background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy 200th Post!

For a couple of days now I've been looking at my post count on my dashboard and watching as it nears the 200 mark.  I remember doing this prior to 100, but what can I say? I got winded, posted a bunch of stuff, and next thing I knew I was way past 100.  Not this time!

This is my 200th blog post!!

And I figured I had to make it great, say something real important or special or something.  Well, there isn't really anything important to say or anything special going on so I thought I'd just make an announcement about something I'm excited about!

Brad and I are seriously considering/planning a trip to Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea when we'll go, we need to set some money aside for it, but we agreed that we should make this a reality! 

I'm super excited! I've dreamed of going to Europe (or any other country/continent for that matter) and after doing some research, it is not nearly as unrealistic and out of reach as it may have seemed before.  

So here are the places I really want to see: Florence, Venice, and Rome.  I would like to see Milan and Pompeii too, but we'll just have to see what ends up working out best for us.

Florence is a must because I want to visit the Florence American Cemetery, where my grandfather - my mother's father - is buried.  I think Venice would be amazing to see, with the waterways and whatnot.  And Rome, who can go to Italy and not go to Rome? I'd love to see Vatican City while in Rome too. 

I think the history of the volcano at Pompeii would be amazing to see and I'd love to go to Milan, but they're not at the top of my list.  If we end up on a tour or something that doesn't go through those areas, I'll be OK.  Although I'd love to soak it ALL in!! I'm sure I'll never have the opportunity to visit Italy again so I should go everywhere, but I'm probably going to be limited for time. 

Anyway, I'm really excited about this! Once we have the money saved for the airfare, we'll book! And get passports of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...