Background

Friday, July 15, 2011

Five Question Friday


1. If you knew your best friend's spouse was cheating on him/her, would you tell him/her?

If I had physical evidence, yes I would.  I know how that sounds, but when approached with something like that people immediately enter that denial phase and if you have only your word it just might not work, so solid evidence would help break through that denial.  Hopefully.  Maybe a little bit.  Well I sure would try!


2. Soda in a can or bottle?


I think soda in a can is colder, sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad.  I can't just pick one, I'm sorry I'm complicated! Someone has GOT to know what I mean about too cold soda not being a good thing.  I like how you can re-seal a bottle and how it doesn't seem so sweat as much as a can... Cans are cheaper? Bottles are easier.  Both are recyclable... This is hard because I just don't drink soda that often so it's hard to pick!


3. What do you wash first, hair or body?


Hair.  I always wash my body last because the soap will wash off any leftover conditioner residue.  


4. What advice would you give to any new mama?

If you can, sleep when the baby sleeps.  Don't clean, don't read, don't cook... sleep.  I'm not a mom but I was a nanny for four years and I when I first started I would put the kiddos down for their naps and I would watch TV, clean up a little, make lunch... By the end of the day I was worn out! I couldn't imagine if I didn't get to give them back and had to keep them another few hours, let alone overnight! I soon started napping while the kids napped, setting the alarm on my cell phone to wake me up about 20 minutes or so before they were due to wake up (which didn't always work of course because they don't always stay asleep the whole "nap time") and then I would do a quick clean up and start preparing lunch.  There is always other time to do things, but there is very limited time to sleep.  Take advantage! 



5. What is your best hangover remedy?


Don't drink.  Seriously... that is the best remedy is it not? I know it's not fun, but it's true.  Ok, ok... Drink water.  Also not fun, but still.  When I used to go out I'd have a drink or two, then a full glass of water, then a drink or two, and so on... or I'd sip on water while I was drinking.  A hangover is caused by your body being dehydrated... the headache, fatigue, etc. is all a result of dehydration.  If you stay hydrated, you won't even get dehydrated and therefore - no hangover.  I'm not sure what the appropriate ratio of water to alcohol should be to make this effective, but just be reasonable with it.  I've had a few hangovers and they aren't pleasant so I try to avoid them at all costs!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, after reading Mama's post at My Little Life (click five question Friday image to go to her page)... I have to say, soda from the fountain is definitely better than a can or a bottle!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...