Background

Friday, July 8, 2011

Five Question Friday!!

Did I just say Friday? Is it Friday? Oh I love four day work weeks that start on a Tuesday!!!

 
1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated?

Yeah, I kind of do.  I think it's important that it's taught simply for the sake of signatures and whatnot, but does anyone really use it formally these days? It's sad, but I think the answer to that is no.  I still use it when I'm taking notes or maybe writing a letter, but even then I think I mix cursive with print.  

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep all your info in your smart phone?

Ugh.  I have a written planner at home and I have a nearly identical one at work.  I also have my calendar on my BlackBerry for personal appointments and whatnot, then I have my work calendar which is also synched with my BlackBerry.  The written planners I have I mostly use for "to do" lists so I remember to do something or so I can check back and see what I did on a particular day.  I don't keep actual appointments in there for reminder purposes, but I might jot down that I have an appointment on that day so I don't add too many things to my "to do" list.  Wow, not only did a previous post qualify me for Hoarders, but I think this post just got me a subscription for the latest, greatest OCD meds!

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
My computer, my wedding box, and my file cabinet.  Ok, those are the first three things that popped into my head.  The computer because it's got stuff on it I haven't backed up and I'll probably want that even though NONE of it is important.  My wedding box because it's got mementos in it that are one of a kind.  And my file cabinet because it has my birth certificate, marriage license, and other important papers.  But now I've forgotten all my printed pictures, those would probably actually go before I took the computer.  And yes I'd burn my rear end grabbing them off the shelf - my wedding album too! My address book, I'd really like to have that, maybe I should put all my contacts in my BlackBerry so I wouldn't be racing to find that.  Hold on, let me go back, how about my amazing self grabs a fire extinguisher and PUTS OUT the fire so I don't have to choose just three things to take? Please?!!!!

4. Country Mouse Or City Mouse, err person?

Neither? In the middle?

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

I hate reality TV.  Big time hate it.  I can't even watch it so I honestly don't even know what's out there.  Do game shows or contest shows count? I'd really LOVE to do Wheel of Fortune.  I'm awesome when I play from home.  Not sure I'd be great at it on the show because you're supposed to act all happy when other people do well and you're supposed to get over hitting bankrupt, but I think I'd use profanity in all those scenarios and I'm not sure the show would air.  On the plus side - I could just win everything and not have reason to curse.  Then again I'd probably gloat and that would get me thrown out... Is there a reality show out there that give people attitude adjustments? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...