Background

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Raspberry Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing

Raspberry cake with white chocolate cream cheese icing = yum! It was very delicious, but there's just something about the cake.  It's so heavy and thick.  Delicious, but heavy and thick.  It's a Wilton recipe (see here) and this is the second Wilton cake recipe I've used (I usually use box cake mix because I always know what to expect with those) that has been heavy like that.  Wilton recipes are absolutely delicious, but I think I need to find one that is a little spongier and lighter.  I think the two sticks of butter has something to do with it... 

The icing was also yummy (recipe here), but I couldn't get it to set, it was too runny.  I put it in the fridge and added a TON of powdered sugar, but no luck.  Of course after I stuck the cake in the fridge at my parents house, it hardened up, but too bad I couldn't get to harden up before it all ran off the cake.  But I had a contingency plan and it worked like a charm! I lined the bottom of the cake with raspberries so they would catch any icing that slipped off! 

Oh and I used my Pampered Chef Garlic Slicer to get white chocolate shavings for the top.  And I thought I'd never use that... of course I'd end up using it for baking!

The cake got raves both for the visual aspect and for the taste.  I thought it was good, but I know I can do better.  My dad, the toughest critic, even enjoyed it!

 


So we brought this cake over to my mom and dad's on Saturday for desert after dinner.  My sister and her husband Nick were in town for the weekend.  Brad and I picked them up from the airport on Friday, then we had dinner at Oscar's.  It was delicious and we had a nice time.  It's too bad they couldn't have stayed longer so we could have done more things.

Today we went to Brad's parents' house for dinner (we didn't have to cook all weekend! Score!).  We had meatball subs and they were yummy.  We got to see his sister and her husband before they headed back home to North Carolina.  Oh and I got to see Emma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...