Background

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Oh weekend, how I have missed you...

This week has been one of those weeks where I'm just emotionally and physically drained.  Nothing major happened, just a busy week with little time to rest my mind and body.  I actually feel like I've been going non-stop for more than just one week, maybe two or three, but because my brain is so "blah" right now, I can't think back to figure that out.  

The weekend is here and I am happy to say that I slept straight until 11am.  On one hand it's annoying that I did that because I lost a few good hours of my weekend, but on the other hand I really, really needed the sleep and Brad and I don't have plans so I don't really feel like I lost any time.  There is nothing worse than feeling like you lost some of your weekend.

Today we went grocery shopping and I might do a little more shopping tomorrow once the sales papers are out.  There are still a few things I need to pick up that I completely forgot about.  We got some good deals today, but we needed meat (cold cuts and dinner meat) and those things are not as easy to get deals on.  So it wasn't one of my best shopping trips, by far.  I think we'll hit Sam's Club tomorrow to get chicken because the prices of chicken in the grocery store when there is no sale is a little scary.  

We are watching Brad's sister and brother-in-law's dogs (Emma the Boxer and Ranger the Yorkie) this week while the family is in Florida.  This is the annual summer vacation that Brad couldn't get off work for.  Aside from the rowdy little dog monsters, I think it will be a quiet week and I am looking forward to that.  I need a nice, calm week.  I need a vacation, but that's a whole other story.  We might take a couple of days off in a few weeks just to chill out and not cook or clean.  We'll probably stay home, but just disconnect from the world as if we were in a remote location.  That would be nice.

I think I'm going to read a book.  I have about four or five James Patterson books I need to get through and today seems like the perfect day to do it.  They are suggesting it may rain tonight, I think that would be the perfect ending to a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...