Background

Saturday, June 25, 2011

No Soliciting

Over the past several months, maybe even the past year, there seems to have been an influx of solicitors in my neighborhood.  Sometimes it is religious people, but most often, like every two weeks to at least once a month, it has been these auto glass people.  No matter how many times I tell them my brothers-in-law own their own glass business and take care of us, they still come by.  I've been threatening to get a little sign to put by my doorbell that says "No Soliciting" but I just haven't brought myself to go to a store and purchase one.  I simply can't justify going to Home Depot or Lowes or another home improvement/hardware store just to buy that sign, I had to be going for another reason.  

Well, last week we found ourselves there buying our plants and I got it! Brad just shakes his head, but I feel like I have accomplished a mission.  The lady at the check out said, "they'll still come."  Yeah? But now I don't have to say anything, I can just point.

I don't want to come off as rude or antisocial, because I'm definitely not.  When I answer the door and there are solicitors there I am always polite as I shoo them away.  The thing that drives me bananas is that as soon as the bell rings, sometimes just as they approach, Daisy goes bonkers.  She barks and barks and barks and it is so annoying.  I find myself yelling at her when it really isn't her fault they knocked.  So really, that's what I'm trying to avoid.  It's easy enough to get rid of those people with kind words, but even easier for them not even to approach because they see the sign.

And you know what? Lady at Home Depot? The sign does work! Brad was outside this morning and said, "there are religious people in the neighborhood walking door to door!" They didn't knock on my door! :)

Now I do feel bad because I like the little girl scouts and boy scouts that come selling their cookies or popcorn, I like to support things like that and hopefully they won't understand what "no solicitors" means and still stop by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...