Background

Monday, June 27, 2011

My 30th Birthday

It's looming in the distance.  I've posted before about how I'm not afraid, not upset, it's just another day, another number.  And really, I'm not.  I'm good.  Totally good.  I have sisters, friends, a husband, brothers-in-law, cousins, etc. who have all gone before me and they're still alive, living life, everything is copacetic.  So in all honesty, it's not a big deal.  I do, however, want to celebrate it and make a positive big deal out of it.  So I'm entertaining thoughts on what I'd like to do and so far two things have come to mind...

First, I was thinking an 80s party.  I was born in the 80s so I thought it would be fun to throw an 80s themed party where you've got to dress like it's the 80s, play 80s music, etc... But, I didn't really deal with those trends since in 1989 I was only 8, so unless I plan on rocking out to Cartoon Express, Inspector Gadget, or Winnie the Pooh, it really wouldn't make sense for me to center my celebration around the 80s.  

What about the 90s? I was 9 in 1990 and 18 in 1999.  That's a good chunk of my life I can remember and I can relate to so that, to me, makes more sense than the 80s.  But what's so special about the 90s? Ugh.

How about a trip to New York for my birthday?? I'd LOVE that! My birthday is in December so NYC will be all decked out in its Christmas best.  I've been threatening telling Brad that I'm going to take him to see NYC at Christmas... I have my two sisters up there who I haven't spent a birthday with in FOREVER, one being the sister who I share a birthday with.  We haven't spent our birthday together in a very, very, very long time.  And of course my two best friends live in New York.  I have other friends and family in New York.  Oh how I love this idea! <---- This is what I want to do for my 30th birthday.

2 comments:

  1. New York would be awesome...but you could get stuck in a snow storm (OH NO!!!) And you are right 30 is not that big of a deal....it is sort of the old 18....
    They say today's 50 is like yesterday's 30 ...so that would make sense the today's 30 should be yesterday's 18 -- right?
    I think you should have a party with the '30's theme - that would present a few challenges....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "age of doom" changes as you get older. I'm sure when I was a teenager I thought being 30 was horrifying. Now 40 is kind of the scary number, but once I'm in my 30s I think that will change too. A 30s themed party would be interesting!! I might have to do some research!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...