Background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Late Learn Something New Tuesday


1. Do you like meeting new people?

I love it! I am a psychology student and thus fund people to be fascinating.  I love to meet new people and find out more about them, what they do, how they do it, etc.  I think we can learn so much from each other.

2. Do you remember names or faces?

Yes and no.  If I am meeting 20 people for the first time and for only an hour meeting or something, I might recognize them if I see them again, but chances are I won't remember where from or what their names are, unless one of them was particularly engaging which usually doesn't happen at the meetings I go to.  Now if I'm meeting only a handful of new people, I'm likely to remember them, face and name.

3. Do you believe in sex before marriage?

I believe it is up to the couple.  Everyone is different.  Everyone has different beliefs.

4. What bothers you about the people of today?

Ignorance! Big fat ignorance.  I don't like it when people go spouting off about stuff they don't know anything about, even if it is just talking smack about another person.  They don't always know the whole story.  I think ignorance is the ugliest thing ever! And I am certainly not claiming to be innocent on this because there are certainly things I've been ignorant about as well, but when I find out that I'm wrong in my assumptions, I feel like a big butt-head! Some people just keep on going even if there is proof that they are wrong.

5.  Are you for or against abortion?

Against.  It's one of those things where people have their own beliefs and their own reasons and can do what they want, I'm not going to interfere.  But personally I think it's disgusting.  I think it is even more disgusting that women use it as a form of birth control.  Take some responsibility for your actions.  The baby didn't make the mistake, you did.  There are so many people out there dying to have children of their own and can't and then on the other side of the spectrum you've got fertile myrtles having abortions over and over.  It makes me sick.  Now, on another note, if a woman became pregnant as a result of a rape, while I do think adoption would be the better choice, I can sort of understand why she would want to abort.  BUT, if that was the case I think she should have had to file a police report at the time of the rape as proof and to get the scum bag off the street and to prevent people using that as an excuse to have an abortion.  But again, the baby didn't make the mistake, the rapist did.  Sorry, loaded topic for me!

6. Do you ever feel like your friends are ditching you?

Who hasn't felt that way from time to time? I can say that I care about it a lot less now than I did back when I was younger.  I'm happy with where I am in my life and I don't need an entourage to feel that way.  I have a great husband, a great family, and I have great friends.  But if they ditch me for whatever reason, it's not going to kill me.  I can't control what other people do, so I can't worry about it either.  If we constantly worried and stressed over things that are outside of our control, we'd go insane.  In the words of a speaker at one of the seminars I attended, "put it in a balloon and let it float away..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...