Background

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Home Phone

Ugh.  The big question on so many people's minds is: to have a home phone or not to have a home phone?

Quite frankly, I'd rather not have one.  We NEVER use it.  Well, not NEVER, but we rarely use it.  Seriously, this past month we used 29 minutes.  For a whole month! Anyway, we've kept it so we can have our Dish Network receiver plugged in so we can order pay-per-view movies through the TV whenever.  We don't NEED to have it, but it's nice to have it.

We use Vonage for our home phone.  They're fine, great, wonderful.  I don't have any problems with them except that it's just another bill.  I have a low plan, low minutes, one that they don't advertise so you have to ask for lower, then they'll tell you about it.  But apparently I didn't ask low enough... 

So I get a notice in the mail the other day that my 500 plan I only use 29 minutes of is going up by $2 a month.  I probably only use $2 worth of the stinkin' plan.  So I call them up and ask, "do you have a lower plan?" because I'm this [    ] close to cancelling, I didn't tell them that though.  Sure they have a lower plan, 300 minutes.  Great! I'll take it.  Insert bombshell here >   < a downgrade charge of $9.99? Really? Without skipping a beat I asked, "So how much do you charge to cancel?" 

Needless to say I have a lower plan and no downgrade fee.  For goodness sake, that's a little outrageous, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...