Background

Monday, June 20, 2011

Heat and Plants

This is a two-in-one.  

First, I must say that it is a gross 95 degrees outside with a "feels like" of 102.  What the heck is the difference between an actual temperature of 95 and a feels like 102? Shouldn't it just be 102? Ick! The air outside is so thick and gross I want to stay in the AC forever.

Yesterday Brad and I hit Home Depot to pick up a few things and look at plants.  We were really just window shopping, but we saw some things that we liked and decided to buy them, they are majesty palms.  I read up on them a little last week, they are sold as houseplants but do best outdoors.  So we bought them and planted them.  Today, I read a little bit more, and it turns out that some of these majesty palms can get pretty darn big.  Like Caribbean beaches big.  Great considering we planted them right next to our house.  So I'm going to have to take the tag to a real nursery and see if the species of this plant that I got is one that is likely to grow into a beast.  Then we will determine if we need to move them or what.  What luck? We've been wanting to plant things in our plant bed for so long and the first thing we put in there we might need to move.  Fan-freaking-tastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...