Background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weight Loss and Singing Competitions

Interesting combination, right? I thought rather than make two separate posts, I'd just do it all in one.

First off, today marks the new day of the weight loss challenge at work.  It's a 16 week contest and you weigh in weekly, on the honor system - you don't have to reveal your weight, and at the end you report your body weight percentage lost and judging by that figure, they declare a winner.  So I weighed in this morning at a whopping xxx.x, which is actually less that I weighed the last time I weighed myself so that's cool.  Now I'm eating my yogurt breakfast, yum! I hope I do well this time around, I usually get frustrated and quit the contest.  Wish me luck!

As for the singing competitions... I'm talking about The Voice and American Idol.  I really like The Voice.  I like that it is different, I really got tired of American Idol.  So far the judges have picked the ones that I've liked out of the two that compete against each other from their team.  That makes me happy! 

American Idol - I stopped watching it a few seasons ago but every once in a while, near the end of the season, Brad will put it on and we'll watch.  So here it goes, I don't know what's so great about Scotty.  I'm sorry to anyone who is a Scotty fan and I'm not trying to judge you or disappoint you in any way at all.  I just don't get the hype.  I think Lauren is fantastic and at least two out of her three songs last night were phenomenal (I didn't see the first song for either except at the very end when they do the voting).  I didn't like Scotty's and I'm a country fan, I like the songs he sang when the artists sang them, not when he did.  I just feel like he can't do as much with his voice as Lauren can and I think I'd rather buy her CD than his. 

Happy hump-day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...