Background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sertoma BBQ Festival!

Yesterday, Brad and I volunteered at the annual Sertoma BBQ Festival.  We had SO much fun and ate such great food! We even brought home a ton of it.  Oh and if you watch the Discovery Channel show Swamp Loggers, you might see us on it! They were one of the BBQ teams that competed and the camera crew was all over the place.

My friend and former co-worker, Bernadette, and her husband Ron are members of the Sertoma Club.  It's a service project type organization and they do this BBQ cook off every year.  This year it was held on Daniel Island.  A bunch of BBQ teams compete in different categories.  Brad volunteered to do the ID checks for alcohol and I worked with Bernadette running money to the various money stations around the event. 

The people were great, the food was good, and now I want an RV.  Short story there is that one of the Sertoma members has an RV and that's where our "bank" was so Bernadette and I spent a good portion of the day in there and it was real nice!

I can't wait to participate in an event like this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...