Background

Monday, May 2, 2011

Proud to be an American

Very proud to be an American today and very thankful to the troops who sacrifice so much for us.  A big shout out to my brothers-in-law, Chris and Mat, and to my cousins through marriage, Geoffrey and Arthur.  So proud and thankful to all of you for all that you do.  For someone who rode piggy back on a girl who lost her life in the World Trade Center, the news that the mastermind behind the 9-11 attacks is gone means so much to me.  I was a New Yorker at the time of the attacks and it was so devestating and horrifying.  I hope the families and all people involved in the events of that day have some peace now, though I know nothing can truly replace their loved ones.  I know the recent events don't fix everything, but it's a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...