Background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

We had a very nice three day weekend.  Yes, I said we.  Brad actually had Monday off.  This is a first in a long time.  Usually we don't get to enjoy long weekends together so it was a nice change.

First and foremost, a big thank-you to all the military men and women who sacrifice so much to keep us all safe.  An even bigger thank-you to my friends and family who are or were a part of the military.  Another special thank you to the firefighters and law enforcement personnel who do so much to keep us safe here in the US as well.  

Friday we went to trivia and did not win, but as usual we had a nice time.

Saturday we had a BBQ at my parents' house.  We had a nice time there as well and busted our butts making an appetizer to bring.  We made BLT Bites.  They are cherry tomatoes stuffed with a bacon and onion stuffing.  The recipe came from Taste of Home.  They were yummy and I'll post pics later.  All the food that my parents' friends brought was delicious.  I love potlucks! We lost the egg toss this year, boo! But I think Brad came in second in darts!

 BLT Bites
 Me getting ready to catch the egg.
Brad catching the egg. 
Happy family minus the three felines.

Sunday was not our day of rest! We did yard work, he mowed and I edged and weed-whacked.  Then we napped for a couple of hours, so I guess we did get our rest in.  Later he went to the driving range with his brother to see if his shoulder was well enough to hit golf balls.  And while he was gone I decided to rearrange one of the bedrooms.  That was not fun but I'm so glad it's done now.  Our guest bedroom has kind of been closed off to the world, we don't use it except when we have visitors and that's not very often.  We wanted to keep it pet-free in case one of my allergic siblings came to stay with us and we've been in the house for three years and haven't had a single allergic overnight-er.  Anyway, it's been driving me nuts that we have this space but don't use it, and I need space to work on my cards and any other craft projects that I come across.  So I rearranged the furniture to make room for a spare desk we had in the garage that would be the perfect work space for my card making.  Now the door is open and I'm open for business! I made three cards that night.  I'll post pictures and chat more about my new space later.

Monday we did some more work around the house, cleaning and finishing up laundry.  Then we watched Cake Boss pretty much ALL DAY LONG.  It's amazing how addictive that show can be.  I seriously can't believe we sat in front of the TV that long, but we did it.  I think we started out in the morning with the show Next Great Baker and then graduated to Cake Boss.  It was a nice lazy day, we snacked on leftovers.  Around 5:00 or so we went to one of the ponds in the neighborhood and fed the ducks and geese.  The goose family with five babies came to eat and they were so adorable! I took lots of pictures and will post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...