Background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Determined

After spending a ridiculous amount of hours watching Cake Boss, I am determined to start making some cakes and cupcakes to send around for sampling.  I have some ideas in mind that nearly made me drool yesterday and I can't wait to try them out.  I'm not the best at decorating cakes which is why I always lean towards cupcakes, but I am determined to at least try to make a pretty cake.  Don't get me wrong, I can bake.  I can make a mean cake and whip up some awesome icing, I just can't get the whole smoothness thing down with the icing and embellishments and I would love to work with fondant and cure that "unable to get a smooth looking cake" itch, but that's a whole different can of worms I can't bear to open up just yet.  Before I tackle said cake, I want this.  If I can win that battle, then maybe I'll eventually graduate to this, especially if I figure out what extra things it can be used for versus the simpler model.  I can probably pick it up at Micheal's or A.C. Moore with one of their wonderful coupons, I might just do that this weekend and tackle the cake that's been in my mind for nearly 24 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...