Background

Monday, April 25, 2011

William & Kate

Let me preface this by saying I am not a pop culture junkie.  I can honestly care less about the lives of celebrities.  I'm not saying I don't appreciate the good that they do for various needs around the world, and that it doesn't sadden me when they suffer losses, but I don't care who is married to who, who is in rehab, why the band broke up, etc.  To me - actors, actresses, and musicians are around for my amusement and world leaders should be doing just that - leading.

Moving on... I watched the movie William & Kate on Lifetime today.  I didn't watch it because it was a true royal story, I watched it because it looked like it would be a cute love story, chick flick.  And it was.  While I was looking for a link to the movie to put on here, I saw many links for reviews that called it cheesy and a total fluke.  Well, what chick-flick Lifetime movie isn't cheesy? That's why we watch them, isn't it? I think it was a good movie and worth watching if you have the time, I DVRed it the other day so I could watch it when I was bored. 

And for the record, no, I am not watching the royal wedding on TV! Weren't you listening?

2 comments:

  1. lol...i do pay attention to some celebrity gossip. it's like a car wreck for me. i know i should look away, but i just can't help it! since i usually watch the Today Show in the morning, i may tune in. but i certainly won't be getting up specifically to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing, if it is on TV I get hooked - Brad turns on TMZ a lot and I get mesmerized. But I don't voluntarily watch it, hehe. I was actually just talking to a co-worker about the movie and she said she will not watch it for a long long time, until some of the media attention dies down because she's so tired of hearing about them! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...