Background

Monday, April 18, 2011

"Skyscrapers"

When I was little I lived in New York and the term "skyscrapers" was something you heard often up there since we were so close to New York City.  Anyway, back then I didn't know that the term "skyscrapers" referred to buildings, I thought skyscrapers were airplanes.  You know how when airplanes fly through a clear sky they leave their exhaust trail? I thought they were scraping the sky and the exhaust trail was the scratch.  Obviously I know better now, but when I took the dog out this morning and saw this, it brought me back.  And the sky everywhere was covered with "scratches"!

2 comments:

  1. i love it! i thought all kinds of crazy stuff when i was a kid. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Aimee! I think we all did and it's amazing what little things trigger memories that I had forgotten all about. I was absolutely in my element that morning!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...