Background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

My husband would probably give me hell for this...

So it's a good thing he never checks out this blog!

If you look at the right side of my blog and scroll down, keep going, below the animals and the weather and the labels and our dots on the map... there it is! The countdown to Breaking Dawn!

I know how it looks, but it's not, trust me.  Have you read the Twilight Saga books by Stephenie Meyer? You should.

I've always been a fan of vampire fiction dating back to The Lost Boys.  When I saw the previews for the first Twilight movie, I thought it looked stupid.  I had no idea it was based on a book series, I thought it was just flat out dumb.  Close to the time when the movie was leaving the theaters I had been told by a co-worker that I needed to read the book.  My co-worker reads a lot of the same books I do, so I took her advice as she was pretty adamant about it.  I read the book and was finished in like a day, it was so good I couldn't put it down. 

It was the best news ever when I found out there were three more books! New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn were all great.  I read them in the span of a week and they are big books! I had borrowed them from my sister-in-law, but went out and bought my own copies and I have read them more than once.  I like a good book and I will read any good book more than once, I am not just another Twilight spaz. 

So midway through one of the other books, maybe New Moon, I went with my SIL to see Twilight in the theater, just making it before they stopped showing it.  I was so disappointed! A book that powerful should not have been butchered in the film version.  I was seriously talking throughout the whole movie saying, "that didn't happen," "no I don't think so," etc.  I probably drove my SIL crazy, good thing she had already seen it.  Anyway, it was nice to put faces to the names and see the places and stuff and make the book come to life in a sense, I just wish they had done it better.

Anyway, Brad and I went (yes I made him come) with a couple we know and their kids to the midnight showings of New Moon and Eclipse.  They were each so much better than the first! I still had some things to say, but they did a much better job with those movies.  Now Breaking Dawn is coming out at the end of this year and I can't wait! 

So seriously, don't judge a book by it's movie and check out the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...