Background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

As I typed out my title to this post, I hear Brad in the other room talking to his brothers and friends over the Xbox saying, "I don't care if you have a problem with my "Happy Easter" text, I can't use the "P" button on my phone!"  So I'm picturing Brad's text: "Hay Easter".

This morning we woke up and Brad made a nice breakfast.  We had scrambled eggs, hash browns with onions and cheese, and biscuits with sausage gravy.  Then we hid Easter eggs for each other.  It was fun!


Anyway, we had a very nice day! We had an early dinner in AR with Brad's family.  Every year his uncle and cousin cook a pig on the smoker and we have some good ole southern comfort foods... I can't even tell you what all the foods were because I don't know the proper names for them, but there was macaroni and cheese, collard greens, green beans, chicken and rice, etc...  I made dirt (chocolate pudding, cool whip, and oreos) and it was a hit.  The weather was gorgeous so it was a nice day.

Then we had a later dinner at my parents' house.  We had ham, my pineapple casserole (that turned out great!), potatoes and green beans.  It was good but man we were stuffed! We had the trifle and cherry-almond cake roll for desert.  The trifle was delish, but I have to say that the cake roll was not.  Haha.  I didn't even eat it, I didn't plan to because I'm not a fan of heavy almond flavors or cherries.  The reviews were that the filling was good, but the cake was not.  I think that's because it was angel food cake and that's a real particular taste.  I like the idea of a cake roll, so I might try it again with different flavors.  (Picture below - it looks good and neat! Apparently looks can be deceiving.)  Anyway, the pineapple casserole was good! It was kind of weird at first, you know pineapples and cheese, but it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...