Background

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Date Night!

I can't tell you the last time Brad and I went out for a real date night.  Sure we've gone out to dinner plenty of times, just the two of us, but it's not the same.  This afternoon (evening) we were loafing on the couch, still in our PJs and I got up and said to him, "go make yourself look pretty, I'm taking you out!" ;)
We had a quick and inexpensive dinner at Moe's, which was a good idea because when we got to the movie theater, I was hit with a brick! Not an actual brick, but a brick of bad news.  Movie tickets are $10 each? When did that happen? Shows how often we go out... Last time I went to the movies it was to see Eclipse (we're talking summer 2010).  We bought the tickets off Fandango and we went to the cheap movie theater, even with the Fandango surcharge, they were still cheaper than $10 a piece! When she said $20, I was like HUH? What else does she think I wanted? But according to my friends on Facebook, this is totally normal, someone even said "cheap."  Ok...

Anyway, we saw Fast Five and it was good! I love some Paul Walker! Brad says he can't act.  I don't care, all he has to do is appear! :) The storyline and all that was good, special effects were there, Tyrese was hilarious.  I like that it had some comedic appeal because it's been a while since I've seen a new action movie and I was kind of worried that I'd be bored, even though I like all the Fast and Furious movies. 

So we had a nice, spontaneous night out.  But note to self: pay-per-view!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...