Background

Friday, April 29, 2011

5 Question Friday!


1. If you could by any car, money not an option, what would it be?

Ugh.  I am so practical it's boring.  I'm thinking so hard on this and flashes of Firebirds and Corvettes are going through my head but I am thinking, no, you can't get one of those it isn't practical.  Honestly, I love my Kia Sportage.  I think if I could buy any car, I'd probably buy a newer one, but I would still keep the one I have.  I just love it.  Let me see if I can dig up a picture...


Ok, it's covered in snow, but there it is! It's olive green. 

2. What was your worst first date ever?

Hmm... it would probably have to be with this kid Phil.  We went to rival high schools and we met because I worked in a convenience store for a very short time (I totally forget that I ever worked there and that I ever dated this guy!) and I thought he was cute and my friend opened her big mouth! Not that I protested at the time, but looking back.. oh dear.  Ha, well we went to this dance at his school, I think he was a year younger than me maybe because the girls there looked young? Anyway, they were all giving me evil stares because apparently they liked him.  I don't know, looking back it was so lame and I can't even believe I remember it!
3. How old were you when you fell in love for the first time?

I had boyfriends in high school that I thought I loved, but when I met my husband I discovered a whole new kind of love and I have to say that I really fell in love, for real, with him.  I was 21.

4. When was the last time you reconciled your checkbook?

I use Quicken on the computer to do my tracking.  I couldn't live without it.  I kid you not, once a day, maybe every other day, I am on there entering receipts and checking our bank accounts online.  I clear things every day, now the one and only time I have ever done an actual reconciliation through Quicken was at the end of March, about a month ago! The first time in more than three years! Which basically means I clicked the "reconcile" button.  I was still clearing transactions almost daily, I just hadn't made the check marks into "R"s yet.  I know, I need to get a life!

5. If you were going to fashion a "Wanted" ad for a best friend, how would you word it?

Someone who can engage in serious, deep conversation one minute, and break out into a fit of giggles the next.  Someone who I can laugh at, laugh with, and who can laugh at me.  A shoulder to cry on.  Someone who I can see or talk to after months of silence and pick up right where we left off.  Someone who will be by my side in the bad and the good.  Someone who knows all the right things to say, and when to say nothing at all.  Someone who will be there no matter what.

I already have three people that fit the bill for this.  My husband is one - of course we have never gone a day without talking so that part doesn't really apply to him.  My two best friends in the world, Kelly and Jen.  Oh how I miss them!! They both live in New York and the last time I saw them was at my wedding in 2008.  It is painful! We go on kicks where we talk over e-mail for like a week straight, then months may pass with nothing, then we can pick up right where we left off.  The three of us met in Brownies when we were like eight years old or something.  We've known each other for more than 20 years.  I love them like family, they are my family! We were all in each others weddings, too.  This is a picture from Kelly's wedding.


Link up to Five Question Friday at My Little Life!

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by from 5QF Linky!

    I really and truly thought everyone would pick fancy sports cars, but it seems everyone pretty much has realistic ideas for their "dream" car! ha And here I thought mine was going to seem dull in comparison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I was surprised at that too and I was like, man, my post is going to be BORING! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...